The Philadelphia Regional Center for Children’s Environmental Health had an amazing first year! After launching in December 2021, our Center dedicated itself to laying down a strong foundation for long term growth and success.
On top of hiring two staff members and two community health workers, the Center created a brand identity, launched more than 6 programs, partnered with new community organizations and institutions (looking at you Lincoln University of PA!), and created a virtual seminar series to highlight member research. View our stat infographic below!
In 2023, we plan to:
- Unveil the new Center website
- Launch our first Academy for Environmental Exposure Reduction training for high school students and the Teacher’s Institute of Philadelphia training for teachers
- Partner with other Children’s Environmental Health Centers on educational training
- Implement the Prescriptions for Prevention program with CHOP
- Host our first emerging investigator and grants workshop
- Begin enrolling families into the Chester Community Asthma Prevention Program
- Fund more translational and development pilot projects